Why pre-arrange and prepay my funeral?
We know, talking about your own funeral can be a very difficult thing to do.
For families that have this conversation, however, there are significant benefits.
- Assurance for your family that they are giving you the farewell you want
- Minimise any disagreement that may arise between well-meaning family members
- Doing this for your family allows them more room to grieve and support each other
Meet with us to pre-arrange your funeral and we will deduct a further 10% off our already low Professional Services fee.
Many people also consider prepaying their funeral expenses, giving family one less thing to have to think about. When the time comes they can be focused on the truly important things, instead of difficult choices whilst under emotional duress.
To help you with prepaying your funeral expenses Windsor Funerals have teamed up with Christian Savings, New Zealand’s only licensed charitable non-bank deposit taker. As well as peace of mind knowing that your finances are in order, this plan offers:
- Zero Fees (unlike most other prepayment options)
- Your funds will grow interest similar to a bank Term Deposit
- Funeral prepayment funds of up to $10,000 are excluded from Residential Care Subsidy asset testing
- Founded in 1962, Christian Savings has a proven track record
The staff at Windsor Funerals can meet you in your home, or at our offices, to record your wishes and help you plan ahead.
Call us today to set up an appointment on
(09) 477 2433
When you have decided to entrust your or your family member’s funeral arrangements to us, you will want to look over the following forms. Often the best way to do this is meet with one of our funeral directors, so that we can advise you where needed and answer any questions. If you prefer, you can print them instead, write down your wishes and email them back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is often helpful to give a copy of the “My Funeral Choices” form to family members, so they know you have made these arrangements.
The “Personal Information Form” contains information we require at the time of death to apply for a Death Certificate from the Department of Internal Affairs. Having this already completed saves your family having to find this information later.My Funeral Choices Form Personal Information Form